Bacterial Diseases and Viral Diseases
Bacterial Diseases and Viral Diseases are not so same, they are different. The bacterial and viral diseases are so harmful and even they can kill you. Millions of people die because of this infections. So it’s important to know about the diseases and their symptoms. List of bacterial and viral diseases:
Here is the list of Bacterial diseases and Viral Diseases –
Bacteria – They are the unicellular organism. Found everywhere on the earth. They are present in the Mud. Water, the crust of the earth, Plants, Animals and also in the Human body.
Here are the 5 Bacterial Diseases –
- Caused by a pathogenic bacteria called as Salmonella typhi.
- This bacteria causes Typhoid fever to Humans.
- In which, bacteria enter into the small intestine by the medium of contaminated food and water.
- From intestine, they migrate to the other organs, via blood.
- It causes High fever, Weakness, Constipation, Weakness, Headache, Loss of appetite due to Typhoid.
2. Pertussis/ A Whooping Cough
- Caused by Bordetella pertussis, which is a gram (-ve) non-motile bacteria.
- The disease is spread through direct contact or droplet method.
- Their incubation period is 10-15 days.
- An irritating cough occurs due to the inspiratory whoop/gasp.
- This diseases can lead to death.
- Their symptoms are a Mild fever, in the beginning, Cold, Cough, Inflammation of respiratory passage and it leads to the inspiratory whoop and accumulation of mucus.
- Other symptoms due to which infectious person ca die are Vomiting, Cyanosis, and also Haemorrhage of the nose, eye-brain etc.
- It can also lead to Convulsions and Pneumonia.
- Caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- It affects alveoli of the lungs of the infected person due to which some serious problem occurs.
- Some problems occur in respiration because water gets filled in the alveoli (air-filled sacs) of the lungs.
- Usually, they enter into the body due to inhaling droplets from the infected person or even due to sharing water or utensils.
- Most kinds of pneumonia are contagious.
- Their symptoms are Fever, Chills, Cough, the problem in respiration and Headache.
- Sometimes lips and nails turn gray to bluish.
- Caused by Corynebacterium diphtheriae.
- Mostly occur in children of 2-5 years or it is also spread due to kissing, coughing, sneezing, and due to use of contaminated substances like utensils.
- Their incubation period is 1/2 – 5 days.
- Epithelial necrosis of nose, throat tonsils and laryngotracheitis occur due to the Exotoxin which is secreted by the pathogen.
- Mild fever in the beginning, sore throat and mild headache.
- It is also known as Hansen’s disease because Armauer Hansen was the first who discover this and it’s a chronic disease.
- Caused by the rod-like bacterium called as Mycobacterium Leprae.
- It firstly affects PNS and then on skin, muscles, eyes, bones, testes and also internal organs.
- Mostly spread in tropics and also in sub-tropics regions.
- Their symptoms are Headache, Muscle weakness, Skin lesion, Numbness in the hands, feet, legs, and arms.
Read here ( Dentistry): http://www.deals32.com/
Virus – They are connecting link between Living and Non-Living. They are infectious agents and replicates only inside in the living organisms.
Here are the 5 Viral Diseases –
1. Common Cold
- Rhino Viruses are a group of viruses which cause Common Cold.
- They are transmitted through inhaled directly, contaminated objects like pen, book etc., and also from droplets from the infected person.
- No effect on the lungs.
- Mainly affect the nose and also respiratory passage.
- Nasal congestion and discharge are the characteristics.
- Their symptoms are a Sore throat, Cough, Headache, Tiredness, Hoarseness.
2. Dengue fever
- Dengue virus belongs to the flavivirus group ( RNA containing).
- The mosquito-borne flaviribo virus is the virus which causes Dengue.
- Aedes aegypti (mosquito)is the medium to transmit this virus.
- The first dengue vaccine is CYC-TDV (Dengvaxia).
- Their incubation period is 3-8 days.
- Dengue fever is of two type: 1) Dengue hemorrhagic and, 2) Classical dengue
- Their symptoms are chills, loss of appetite, headache, skin rashes, vomiting, muscle, and joint pain and also abdomen pain etc.
- It’s also called infantile paralysis because it’s common in infants and children and also may attack to adults.
- It’s highly infectious diseases and caused by Poliovirus which consists of small RNA.
- Transmitted by feces, contaminated food, and blood, water, nasal secretion, directly or also by flies.
- Their incubation period is 5-17 days.
- During the incubation period firstly they multiply in the alimentary canal.
- Alimentary canal -> Lymph ->Blood -> CNS in dorsal horn cells of spinal cord -> Brain stem.
- Their symptoms are Fever gives significance to the preparalytic stage (1-4 days), sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, twitching, stiff neck, nausea.
4. Chicken Pox
- Caused by virus Varicella zoster and also called as Shingles.
- Their incubation in 14-16 days.
- It can transmit person to person because it is very contagious.
- It can be transmitted by droplets of infected persons, just like sneezing and cold, and also from the fluid of blisters in the later stage.
- Their symptoms are the slight fever, backache, shivering and also red spots on the whole body.
- Aedes aegypti mosquito is the medium. The virus spread by this mosquito.
- It’s very harmful and by this people can also die.
- No vaccine for chikungunya yet so it is tackled by paracetamol and by increasing the fluid intake.
- Mosquito nets can’t help you because it bites during the day.
- Their symptoms are high fever which lasts 6-10 days, headache, vomiting, nausea, fatigue, and pain in joints.
Protection – Bacterial and Viral Diseases
- Both bacterial and viral diseases can lead to serious problems and can harm you internally very much and it also can be the reason of death.
- So keep clean your surroundings and inform people and teach students about bacterial and viral diseases.
- Drink plenty of water and make your immune system strong.
- Don’t drink, eat and also don’t use contaminated objects.
- Do not let the dirty water stand around your surroundings and houses and also always clean your coolers.